2017 seems to be the year of change everywhere. As we celebrate the 10th anniversary of FibreWorks Studio & Gallery, we are also celebrating the retirement of Yvonne & Reg from FibreWorks.
Effective November 2017, Yvonne is focusing on her own fibre art and she and Reg are beginning to do some of the travelling that has been on their ‘wish list’ for some time.
It has been a challenging, exciting and rewarding experience to create FibreWorks and work with hundreds of amazing artists – local and international. Hosting thousands of visitors at FibreWorks each year has given us an opportunity to showcase emerging and established artists as well as providing an educational opportunity through workshops.
The support of the artists and the visitors has made our FibreWorks experience a rich one and we look forward to seeing as many of you as possible during this anniversary celebration season.
Particularly, mark the special opening dates for our exhibition season:
- April 01 to 30 – Shamina Senaratne
- May 06 to June 11 – Loose Threads – Surface Design Association Sunshine Coast
- June 17 to July 23 – Beyond Basics: Jackie Abrams and friends
- July 29 to September 10 – Full Circle – celebration of work by artists who have exhibited at FibreWorks during the past 9 years.
- September 16 to October 29 – Watershed – Joanne Weis
On the opening date of each exhibition, you are invited to attend a reception from 2 to 4 p.m. to meet the artist(s) and enjoy refreshments.
see you at the yurts!